"Hands down, this is the best investment I have ever made!"
Liela Abass, Grant Writer
Zaman International - Hope for Humanity (Dearborn, MI)
I am new to funding and as a 'newbie', I'm thirsty for practical knowledge to help me succeed and advance our mission. I am flying solo and the organization relies solely on me to secure grant dollars. That's a lot of pressure!
I work for a fast-growing humanitarian organization and we have just celebrated our tenth anniversary as a 501(c)3. We serve women and children who are abandoned, abused, and neglected. We provide them with urgent services and other programs that move families toward self-reliance and financial sustainability. To date, we have been exclusively donor funded. Because of our organization's growth and success, we now need additional funding to build capacity and expand our programs.
Before working with Maryn:
• My proposals were wordy and hard on the eyes
• While I was enthusiastic, I needed practical knowledge about the entire funding cycle
• I was absolutely clueless about program budgets
• I lacked insight about what funders are looking for in a proposal
• I had already participated in 40+ hours of grant writing training and still felt lost
After working with Maryn:
• I feel confident, I'm more organized, and know I can meet my goals
• I have a better understanding of how to help funders meet their mission
• I can properly assemble budgets
• I can write a good, solid proposal
What has changed for me:
• Everything! I feel like a real asset to the organization
• I can help expand our reach through healthy grant seeking practices
• I know how the funding cycle works and I'm revamping our approach to grants
• I can guide program coordinators in defining our programs and assembling budgets
• Because of this new understanding, we are refining the wording of our mission and vision
• I've provided valuable information to our Director and Board about how to approach funders
By participating in the entire 8-session series, I gained knowledge that would have taken years to learn through trial and error. I found Maryn's experience as both a funder and a grant-seeker priceless. Knowing what the funder needs to hear in a proposal is so important. Her webinars are designed to give you a well-rounded experience and the tools to be a winner. Hands down, this is the BEST INVESTMENT I HAVE EVER MADE!
Maryn, I am so grateful to you for sharing your knowledge with me. I cannot thank you enough. I hope you will take these valuable trainings world-wide because anyone involved in funding, whether new or experienced, will learn what they need to succeed.